Giving infinite wings to dreams
Education has been an essential part of a human life since eternity. In broader terms, we understand it the capacity to enable a human to be literate, acquire subject knowledge and make his daily life easy to operate! As the human life is getting complex along with the challenges of life, work and expertise; the meaning of education and its prospects have widened and still doing so. In broader terms, education is one’s ability to analyse the information/knowledge, understand it and put it to practical use with a view of understand how the world functions and its processes. Education can be a mix of cognitive development, numeracy, scientific literacy, word literacy, social functioning and so on. Here its very important to segregate the words which are used simultaneously in this world- literacy and education but the words are diametrically different. While being literate simply means the ability to read and write while being educated means that you have the capability to think and analyse it as well. Let’s decode what is education and how it impacts human mind and human behaviour.
a. Being educated is a much much broader term wherein you acquire not only knowledge through the subjects but to form an eagle eye for the experiences it gives you
b. Education helps you to form your personal opinions on people, things and circumstances.
c. Education gives you a rational logical approach wherein you can weigh people, situations and then decide the course of action.
d. Education helps you develop an analytical view point and see the pros and cons behind anything and everything.
e. Education challenges and stimulates your intellect and motivates to create something out of nothing.
f. Education helps you achieve a balanced personality where you can be highly successful but still full of love, compassion, kind and full of empathy.
g. Education helps you to clear all mental blocks, prejudices, irrational fears and preconceived notions.
h. It helps you to view this world in a broader term where your knowledge is not a product of what is imparted to you but is gained by “How’s” and “Why’s”.
i. education helps you to take practical decisions based on practical life situations.
As of know, we have explored the various facets of education, but as the indian education system is majorly based on theoretical and less on practical knowledge, i sometimes wonder how our kids are going to survive the pressures of professional and personal life. I, as a mother, strongly believe the need to overhaul the current education system and give more weight to practical solutions and analytical process than how much you can write the theoretical knowledge in a given stipulated time. Our current education system is based oh how fast you can write than how fast you can apply the knowledge, Is it justified to rate children on the scale of one: ten on the basis of how much they can retain in their minds?
i did the mistake with my son but with my daughter i was cautious, so while admitting her, i made a thorough research on the school’s background and caliber as a school. Don’t be mistaken by the choice of my words. Let me clear it to you as simple as i can do!
As an aware parent what i wanted my child to learn and adapt. I never wanted to compromise on the other aspects of education than just distance, so i evaluated all scanned schools on the following criteria-
- Distance– Its okay for me to choose a good school within the radius of 3-10 kilometer than to go with a not so good school next door.
- Balanced curriculum– i wanted my children to develop a balanced personality and balance in curriculum is what will make them either perfect crammers or perfect thinkers, the choice is up to parents. A curriculum which has a good mix of theory, practical and problem solving.
- School Management– I wanted to see the viewpoint of the school management as their view is what gets implemented in the student’s school life and classrooms. It ultimately gives shape to a personality-in-progress which in turn will contribute towards society in future.
- Learning process– My aim was to get a school where education is a continuous learning process, wherein you are constantly motivated however you perform, wherein you are not judged with the marks you score, wherein your talents are scanned and grown in your own individual ways, wherein you achieve what you want rather what society wants you to achieve, wherein you grow not only physically but emotionally and spiritually as well.
- Classrooms– Last but not the least, i wanted the classrooms not as war-rooms where kids are constantly at competition with each other but as learning zones wherein kids are at ease with themselves and absorb the most what is taught than getting scrutinized for their mental ability to score well. They should be upped every time they drop should be the motto of such classrooms than labeling and grading them as A-B-C-D, but their thinking skills should be upgraded time to time.
I was lucky to find “The Infinity school” in Noida extension. I was impressed with their philosophies towards education and their passion towards creating excellence through learning. I attended their orientation program and was highly satisfied with their explanation of “classrooms should be learning zones, not performance zones”. Eventually, i got what i was looking for. The explanations by the school director, Mr. Harinder Chabbra, clearly illustrated how traditional education fails to achieve thinking minds and how they suffer at the hands of the expectations of their teachers and parents, the orientation was an eye opener. The rapidly changing digital society has different demands than a static one which is not the case with modern society. We need skills like collaboration, creativity, analytical reasoning, critical thinking, cognitive flexibility etc.
I wish we have more schools like “The Infinity School” which will give infinite dreams in your kids’ eyes; practical and logical wings to fly. You can visit their website here
Thank you and gratitude for sparing your precious time for reading my blog. Appreciation can sometimes change lives so keep appreciating and loving us. If you like my blog, do follow me on Facebook and Instagram
This post is the writer’s individual possession and is exclusively constructed, written and owned by the owner, comes under copyright act.